Hey there! Welcome to my blog and thank you for checking it out.
I started this blog mid-2016 when my addiction to reading was on overdrive and I needed an outlet. I found myself jotting down my thoughts after I read a book and it was very therapeutic. That’s when I discovered the large book community online. Who would have thought? I have been able to connect with so many awesome people since then and I could not be happier about it.
Getting a bit personal; here are a few things about me. I am a twenty-something-year-old passionate reader from Kenya, based in Nairobi.
I truly enjoy getting lost in a book as long as the synopsis draws me to it but sometimes the title and cover can do the trick.
I mostly love books that can make me cry and trust me, that’s a wide variety. Anything sweet or heartbreaking from a romance story to an intense historical fiction or a nonfiction book, I will well up. I really don’t know why but I once was told it’s because I am emotionally detached in real life. I personally don’t believe it.
Arts. Anything artsy really; books, movies, TV series, and music. You name it. I love them! I love movie adaptations of books. It’s always like experiencing two different things and I live for them (even though I’ll probably be in everyone’s face screaming how the book was better). Gone Girl, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, The Fault in Our Stars, The Longest Ride, The Martian, Rebecca, I could keep going but that will take a lot of time.
Before picking up a book or even committing to finishing it, I have to be very drawn to it. I believe that reading time is very precious and therefore I cannot waste it. The pickiness has nothing to do with the genre but a lot to do with the synopsis and the general feedback the book has.
When it comes to favorite books, I can never just pick one. How can anyone have one favorite thing? But I do have a list of favorite books that will keep growing with time. My favorites come from various genres Historical Fiction, Mystery/Thriller, Women’s Fiction, Romance, Young Adult or Nonfiction. I have authors who I own a lot of books from and those would be Colleen Hoover and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Paulo Coelho comes in next after those two. Here is my list of all-time favorite books so far:
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
- Tristan & Danika Trilogy by R. K. Lilley
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover
- Hothouse Flower By Krista & Becca Richie
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- Love Me With Lies Series by Tarryn Fisher
- The Book of Negroes by Lawrence Hill
- We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The Fourth Monkey by J.D. Barker
- An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
If you would like to keep in touch with me on a daily basis, follow me on my Instagram because I know I suck at the rest. But you can follow me there too! I will improve, I promise!
For any other business, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to post anything to me:
P. O. Box 64919 – 00620
Thank you so much for stopping by!