I came across this tag that was doe a while back but the question had me thinking back to books I had long forgotten about.
- Character appearance you misread or imagined differently
I’ll have to go with Grey in Fifty Shades. I pictured someone so different from what they chose for the main character. I expected a beard, not a long one but a standard manly one. Does that make sense? Something like a clean cut, looking good kind of beard.
- A character name you’ve been pronouncing wrong
I’m pretty sure that would be a lot of characters but Ove from A Man Called Ove would be at the top.
- An overused trope that is your guilty pleasure
The always fit guys. I mean, I know not all guys are fit but is it bad to imagine a world where everyone was?
- A cliché character type that you like better on screen than to read about
The rich guy. I like the Arrow guy and Iron Man but I roll my eyes every time I read about it.
- A word/phase you learned because it’s use in a book
- Have you ever not read or completed a required book for school?
Yes. I remember we had to read Siku Njema by Ken Walibora and I just could not get to the end.
- Have you ever (or wanted to) skipped a chapter from the point of view of a character you weren’t interested in.
I cannot skip. I always have this fear that I’ll miss out on something important but there are times I feel like I should just skip it.
- Have you ever cancelled social plans to read?
No I haven’t but I get excited when plans are canceled and I get time to read.