Need someone to beta read your work?
Defining Beta Readers
A beta reader can be seen as the equivalent of beta testers. Beta testers are critical in software or game development as they check out how a product performs before it is released to the public. Beta readers read your book before publication in the eye of the consumer rather than that of the producer. They take a look at elements like the dialogue, plot, pacing, characterization, plausibility and inconsistency, and give you objective feedback.
Why should you hire me?
I am a voracious reader and writer able to put aside my emotional feelings and see things in an objective way thanks to many years of reading. I have been reviewing books here on my blog since 2016 and I am not afraid to share my honest opinion which is necessary in the world of publishing. Having read hundreds of books, it’s easy for me to tell what plot is not going to work or how the pace will affect the general outcome of a book.
Preferred Demographics and Genres
- Historical Fiction
- Women’s Fiction
- Young Adult
- New Adult
- Contemporary Romance
What should you expect?
- I will read your story from the perspective of a reader not an editor
- I will be objective and offer constructive criticism about characterization, dialogue, pacing, and look for plot holes
- I will give a summary of my thoughts of the book as a whole and offer ideas on how to improve the story
- I will be brutally honest with my feedback, no sugarcoating or coddling
- I will NOT publicly post my feedback
- I will NOT rewrite your work for you or take away the voice of the author
- I will NOT edit or proofread your work (no first drafts in need of editing)
$0.001 per word with a minimum of $10 per project. (0.10/= per word and a minimum of 1000/= per project)
I use PayPal and will send you an invoice for half the payment before I begin work. Prior to delivery of the final critique, I will send an invoice for the balance.
It will take me at least two weeks to go through a manuscript and give the critical feedback it requires but you should note that rates will increase for rush requests.
Ready to work together?
Please email me at email@example.com and include the title, genre and length of your manuscript. The subject of the email should be ‘Beta Reading’. I will get back to you within 24 hours with my schedule and we can discuss the work further.